CMAT Result 2023
Finally, the day has arrived! The National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced the CMAT 2023 exam results. Candidates can check their NTA CMAT result 2023, by entering their CMAT 2023 application number, date of birth, and security pin. More than 60,000 aspirants are waiting for the CMAT result. CMAT Exam Result opens the door for admission to some of the renowned MBA/PGDM colleges in India. Over 1300+ MBA/PGDM colleges in India accept the CMAT result for their admission process. CMAT result is declared by the National test agency on the basis of the answers key. CMAT exam result does not give grievances, queries, re-totaling, rechecking/re-evaluation/of the result & score are accepted in relation to Answer Keys after the results are declared.
Table of contents
- How to Check CMAT 2023 Result
- Calculation of CMAT 2023 Marks
- How to Calculate CMAT 2023 Result in Percentile?
- What's Next After CMAT 2023 Results ? A Step-by-Step Guide
- CMAT Colleges: Last Year's Cut-Off Scores
- Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
How to Check CMAT 2023 Result?
- Candidates are advised to keep visiting the NTA‟s website regularly for the most recent updates and also check the notification e-mails regularly.
- Log-In to the CMAT Official Website https://cmat.nta.nic.in/
- Click on the 'CMAT 2023 NTA scorecard' tab.
- You will be prompted for your login credentials,application number, and password/Date of Birth.
- Enter CMAT 2023 login credentials and click on 'Submit'
- Download the scorecard and save/print it for further reference.
Calculation of CMAT 2023 Marks
CMAT results are announced in the form of CMAT total score, percentile score, and All India Ranks. The CMAT score is the total of marks secured by the examinee. The total score is determined on the basis of weightage assigned to each question as well as negative marking.
Language Comprehension, Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, and Innovation & Entrepreneurship comprise the CMAT 2023 syllabus. Marks are allotted for each section separately and then totalled to arrive at the CMAT total score (out of 400).
- CMAT Question paper has 100 questions carrying 4 marks each. Questions are divided into 4 sections viz.:
- Quantitative Technique and Data Interpretation with 25 questions carrying 100 marks
- Logical Reasoning with 25 questions carrying 100 marks
- Language Comprehension 25 questions carrying 100 marks
- General Awareness 25 questions carrying 100 marks
- For every correct answer 4 marks will be allotted
- For incorrect answers 1 mark will be deducted.
- The total score is then calculated based on the lost and the gained scores.
How to Calculate CMAT 2023 Result in Percentile?
To calculate CMAT Percentile, NTA prescribes the below-mentioned formula:
CMAT Percentile = (Number of candidates who scored EQUAL TO or LESS THAN the candidate) (Total number of the candidates who appeared)
- The NTA Score/ CMAT Percentile denotes the percentage of candidates who have scored equal or lesser than a candidate. E.g. If, out of 10000 candidates who attempted the exam, Candidate ‘A’ secured No.1 rank. His CMAT percentile will be:
Percentile (P) = 10000 - 1 * 100 = 99.99 10000
- A candidate with rank 3 will have a percentile of 99.97. Percentile is calculated up to 7 decimal places to avoid bunching effect.
What's Next After CMAT 2023 Results ? A Step-by-Step Guide
Your CMAT scorecard will contain, raw score, sectional raw score, CMAT percentile score and sectional CMAT percentile. The selection depends upon your place in the CMAT 2023 merit list.
- After the result is declared, candidates need to appear for selection processes. Selection criteria is different for different MBA Colleges, so visit the official website of each college you aspire to take admission to.
- Submit your CMAT 2023 result to the B-school where you plan to apply.
- Arrange your academic documents in order, as they are necessary for the Interview stage.
- Keep a check on the release of cut-off dates for each college. Ideally, top colleges need a score between 75 to 99 percentiles.
- Check the selection and counseling procedures and respective dates for the events at different B-school websites.
- Appear for further rounds of assessment for admissions to the business school of your choice. The chances of securing admission would depend upon the candidates’ performance in Writing Aptitude Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI).
CMAT Marks v/s Percentile
Here is the CMAT score and equivalent percentile after the score normalization process
|CMAT Marks Out Of 400||CMAT Percentile Range after score normalization for both the shifts|
|Below 116||Below 51|
CMAT Colleges: Last Year's Cut-Off Scores
Here is the list of top B-schools accept CMAT and their last year cut off
|Taxila Business School||75 (Score 250+)|
|SIMSREE, Mumbai||99 + (Score 282-347)|
|JBIMS, Mumbai||99.99 +|
|Goa Institute of Management, Goa||98|
|Pune University Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA DMS)||96|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai||95|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||95-99|
|Asia Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi||85|
|Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi||95|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida||82|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management||85|
|Welingkar Institute of Management, Bangalore||80|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi||75|
|NL Dalmia Institute of Management||85|
|ITM, Navi Mumbai||80|
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Question: When will the CMAT 2023 result be declared? Answer: CMAT exams are yet to be conducted, soon after the exams CMAT 2023 results will be announced.
Question:Who announce the CMAT result? Answer: National Test Agency (NTA) announces the CMAT Result every year. The official website of NTA is https://nta.ac.in/ for updates related to the CMAT exam.
Question: What is the formula to calculate CMAT percentile? Answer: Formula to calculate CMAT percentile is :,br> Percentile (p) = ((N-your rank/N)*100 (N = Total number of candidates appeared for the CMAT exam)
Question: Who is the CMAT topper Last Year? Answer: Sanket Khandare scores 99.73 percentile in CMAT 2021 and tops the CMAT exam
Question: how many Candidates appear in the CMAT exam? Answer: More than 50000 students every year appear in the CMAT exam. In CMAT 2021 total of 52327 candidates appear in the exam.
Question: How long is the CMAT result valid for admission? Answer: CMAT exam score is valid for only one year. If you appear in CMAT 2023 exam you are eligible to take admission in MBA/PGDM for the session 2023-24.
Question: How can I check the CMAT result? Answer: You can visit the NTA official website in order to get your CMAT results. The official website of NTA is https://nta.ac.in/
Question:Who announce the CMAT 2023 cut-off? Answer: The Colleges on their Own announce the cut-off on the basis of the following factors
- Seat availability in the college
- Number of applications for admission
- Marks scored by the candidates
- Overall merit of the CMAT qualifying candidates
Question:What is the Good Score in CMAT? Answer: Score in CMAT exam enables you to take admission in some of the Top MBA/PGDM colleges of India. We can Divide the colleges into 3 Tier.
- Tier 1: Candidates requires to score more than 90 percentile to take admission In Tier 1 colleges. Some of them are JBIMS-Mumbai,Taxila Business School, Goa Institute of Management, Xavier Institute of Social Service.
- Tier 2: Anything between 80 to 90 percentile is a good score in order to take admission in Tier 2 colleges like IFIM-Bangalore, IFMR-Chennai, NIBM-Pune, and so on
- Tier 3: For Tier 3 colleges 65 to 70 percentile is a good score to take admission. Colleges like BIT Mesra, XIEM-Chennai, Japuria Institute of Management – Noida , Calcutta Business School, and many more.
For more information on this visit MBA colleges accepting CMAT score
Question:. Is CMAT easy to Crack? Answer: Answer: No, It’s not easy to crack the CMAT exam. CMAT Exam covers a wide range of syllabus from 4 different sections like Language Comprehension, Quantitative techniques, Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness. In order to crack CMAT Exam and take admission to Top MBA Colleges candidates need to have a deep knowledge of these sections.
Read More About CMAT Preparation Strategy
Few of NON IIMs accepting CMAT score
- TAXILA - Jaipur
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), University of Delhi
- Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS)
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE)
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR)
- XLRI Xavier School of Management (XLRI)
- Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIMI)
- MDI GURGAON