CAT Mock Test - 2022CAT - The Complete Guide
STEPS TO TAKE CAT MOCK TEST
Official CAT 2022 Mock Test is released by IIM-B. This year many changes have been done to enable the aspirants to acquaint themselves with different types of questions. Questions generally asked in CAT are (MCQs/ Non-MCQs) and the navigation guide is also incorporated to know how to attempt the questions on the CAT 2022 exam day.
On releasing the CAT Mock Test 2022, IIM Bangalore has explained, “The objective of this Mock Test is not to disclose the exam pattern for CAT 2022 and the actual exam may or may not contain similar type or number of questions. Please note that CAT 2022 will have a total duration of 120 minutes for the non-PwD candidate (40 minutes each for three sections). The PwD candidates will be given 40 minutes extra.”
The mock test will make the aspirants understand how the actual question paper may look like.
Also Read:- MBA Admission Predictor
In this article we will talk on the main changes announced by IIMs in CAT exam and what may be the expected changes that IIMs have not announced in the CAT official Mock Test :
IIM official CAT Mock Test 2022: 5 Main Changes
- CAT 2022 official Mock Test is planned with a total duration of 120 minutes for the non-PwD candidates. PwD candidates will have the option to complete the entire test with all three sections, within a maximum of 160 minutes.
- The official CAT mock Test is divided into three sections:
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC),
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Quantitative Ability (QA).
- All the above sections will be placed in the CAT question paper in the same sequence as above. Following will be the question numbers:
- The actual time for every section will be 40 minutes and after 40 minutes one can’t go back to the section and that particular sanction will be locked and your response will be auto-submitted. Thereafter, you need to go to the next section immediately.
- The test will have both the sections i.e. MCQs and NON MCQs.
- The summary of answers will be displayed on the screen upon submission of all sections.
The CAT mock test needs to be attempted on the CAT IIM site only. This can’t be downloaded and answers are not provided. You need to get the answers yourself.
Exact number of questions in CAT has not been disclosed by IIMs and mock test is just indicative.
What to Expect in Actual CAT 2022 Question Paper?
CAT 2022 Expected Pattern:
This is expected that this year there could be somewhere between 65 to 70 questions in CAT 2022.
IIM Ahmedabad to Synchronise Reduced Time with Reduced No. of Questions
Last year in 2020, on account of Covid-19, the total time was cut down to two hours from three and the questions were reduced from 100 to 76.
Alos Read: Download CAT Previous Year Papers
The time limitation in 2020 CAT was more than earlier, therefore IIM-A has decided to additionally reduce the number of questions to rationalise the reduced time.
Let’s see the trend of time and total questions in the following table:
Section-wise expected Number of Questions in CAT 2022
CAT 2022 results will be accepted by all IIMs, FMS-DU, MDI , IMI, IMT, Great Lakes, LIBA, TAXILA, NITIE, JBIMS, and many more Top business schools across India.