CMAT SyllabusCMAT - The Complete Guide
Updated CMAT Syllabus
Total number of questions: 100
Maximum marks: 400
Total duration: 3 Hours
Negative marking: 1 Mark
Sectional Sub-division of CMAT Syllabus
Sectional Sub-division of CMAT Syllabus
Language Comprehension is divided into two parts - Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension.
Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation also consists of two parts with Mathematics and Data Interpretation questions.
Logical Reasoning which has questions on various topics of Logical Reasoning.
General Awareness (GK) Section which covers current affairs, static GK, Business & Economy, International current affairs, Who's Who, Constitution of India, United Nations Organization among other key topics.
All the sections have equal number of questions. The CMAT exam syllabus for Quantitative Ability section is very wide and covers each topic in Mathematics with greater prominence on Arithmetic.
CMAT exam syllabus is based on the past paper patterns which contain questions from all these sections.
Section Wise CMAT Syllabus
Section-1: CMAT Language Comprehension
CMAT defines its Verbal Ability section as Language Comprehension. It covers comprehensive English test which includes the test of grammar, tenses, vocabulary, jumbled paragraphs and reading comprehension.
Key topics in CMAT Syllabus are
- Usage of Articles
- Dangling Modifiers
- Usage on Nouns & Pronouns, Adjectives, Adverbs, Prepositions –regular and followed, Verbs, Syntax, Subject-verb Agreement, Simple, continuous, Perfect tenses and Conditional-unreal past.
- Jumbled paragraphs
CMAT gives you briefer RC passages of 500-600 words. The passages are not exceedingly difficult passages. There is no fixed rule on framing the questions based on Reading comprehension passage, which is pursued by at least 4-5 questions each.
Questions could be any of following types:
- Questions based on Inference
- Questions based on the Central Idea of the passage
- Questions based on phrases, idioms
- Questions based on expression in the passage.
Section-2: CMAT Syllabus on Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
Questions in this section are individual.
- Arithmetic-Ratio, Mixtures, Work, Average, Percentage, Time & speed, Profit and loss, Interest, Basic statistics
- Number properties
- Counting principles
- Derivatives (Maxima-Minima)
- Table and pie chart
- Bar diagrams and graphs
Section-3: CMAT Syllabus on Logical Reasoning
The section is a combination of the topics from arrangements like linear, seating, sequencing & arranging with conditions to coding.
Major Topics in the Logical Reasoning Syllabus for CMAT are:
- Logical puzzle,
- Numerical puzzle
- Venn Diagram
- True/false statements
- Visual Reasoning
Section-4: CMAT Syllabus on General awareness
This section in CMAT is divided into three parts.
- Conventional GK
- Current GK- based on current reading of newspapers and periodicals
- Business & Economics GK – i.e. changes in Fiscal and Monetary policy, CRR, Repo Rate,
- Devaluation and up valuation of Rupee.
- Business, National, and International events
- Who’s who
- Constitution of India
- Currency and Capitals of the countries
- States of India
- International Organizations
- Monetary and fiscal tools
- Identification of personalities, companies.
Important Points about CMAT Exam Syllabus
- CMAT exam syllabus is based on the stated guidelines and current structure of CMAT exam
- CMAT Exam Syllabus has no boundaries.
- CMAT exam syllabus is based on recent developments in CMAT exams. The CMAT syllabus is the result of the topics which have earlier appeared in CMAT exam, though the type of questions, format and number may change in each ensuing CMAT exam.
- CMAT exam Syllabus covers all the major topics in four test sections.
- The key point in CMAT exam syllabus is that there is no repetition of CMAT questions in any CMAT exam although difficulty level of the questions in CMAT exam would not go out of CMAT exam syllabus.
CMAT preparation is incomplete without CMAT Syllabus
It is difficult to proceed with the CMAT preparation without getting an idea of the syllabus. CMAT MBA exam syllabus is wide enough to stump anyone. So, it is advisable to go through the syllabus first and then decide on the preparation.