CAT Result 2022
CAT 2022 result has been declared on 21 December 2022. The moment of truth has been come for all the CAT aspirants. CAT exam result will help them in admission in top MBA Colleges of India.CAT 2022 Exam has been completed on 27 November 2022. Like earlier candidates can visit the IIM's official website iimcat.ac.in to check their results. They just need to login into the result portal with their CAT user id and password.
Check Your Chances of Getting into IIMs - IIM Call Predictor
Table of contents
- CAT 2022 RESULT DETAILS & ANALYSIS:
- HOW TO CHECK CAT 2022 RESULT
- CAT IMPORTANT DATES
- STEPS REQUIRED TO DOWNLOAD THE CAT SCORE CARD.
- CAT RESULT HIGHLIGHTS
- CAT 2022 PERCENTILE CALCULATION
- WHAT IS THE CAT NORMALIZATION PROCESS?
- WHAT AFTER CAT Written Exam Result?
- WHAT IS COMMON ADMISSION PROCESS?
CAT 2022 RESULT & DETAILS & ANALYSIS:
CAT 2022 exam paper difficulty level was moderate to high. Our expert's analyzed the paper carefully and stated that the exam level 2022 exam was somewhere tougher than the 2021 exam. It may possbile the qulaifying cutofff of CAT will be not higher as previous years cutoff. Soon after the announcement of the exam results of CAT, IIM also releases a list of toppers.
All the aspirants need to notice that IIMs will take the normalization process into consideration while calculating percentile. It can make a slight difference in the final result. Apart from 20 IIMs the management department of 7 Indian Institute of Technology and 1000 more management institute accept CAT scores. All the IIMs will separately release the list of qualifying cutoffs on the basis of some factors such as - the number of applicants, seat availability, exam level, and more.
The following is mentioned on the CAT SCORE CARD:
- Aspirants Name
- Roll number
- Scaled Score and Percentile of every section
- Overall Scaled Score and Overall Percentile
This score card is valid for one year that means till December 31, 2023 for the admission to different Business Schools. The shortlisting for IIMs will start after the result announcement. Call letters for WAT & PI will be sent by individual IIM as still there is no centralised admission process.
CAT Exam Important Details - 2022
- CAT result website: iimcat.ac.in
- Exam Conducting body: IIM Ahmedabad
How to check CAT 2022 Result?
CAT result via CAT login required Credentials : CAT ID and password
CAT scorecard 2022 validity : One year till December 31, 2023
Scorecard of CAT 2022 used for : MBA/PGDM Admissions in IIMs, IITs and many other top MBA colleges in India including Great Lakes, TAPMI, FMS, MDI, IMT, IMI, SPJIMR, Taxila etc.
CAT 2022 IMPORTANT DATES
|CAT exam Date||November 27, 2022|
|CAT answer key release date||01 December 2022|
|Last date to file an objection against an answer key||07 December 2022|
|Final answer key Release||05 December 2022|
|CAT Exam result 2022 date||December 21, 2022|
Steps required to download the CAT Score Card.
- Step 1: Visit iimcat.ac.in, the official website for CAT.
- Step 2: Click on link ‘CAT Result Tab’ and enter CAT user ID and password created during CAT exam registration. You will be logged in.
- Step 3: Click on the ‘IIM CAT Score Card’ link, CAT exam result 2022 will appear on the screen.
- Step 4: Download CAT 2022 scorecard.
Apart from the website students are also intimated on registered mobile number through SMS and on email as well.
CAT 2022 Result Highlights
CAT Exam result will be available on the official website of CAT exam. Last year CAT 2021 result was declared on January 03, 2022. CAT 2022 result is declared on 21 December 2022 which is quite suprising for all. The same day of the declaration of the result, an SMS is sent to all aspirants mentioning that the result has been announced. On the same day, the CAT Scorecard downloading time will also be declared, only after that students can download their scorecards.
How is CAT Percentile Calculated?
The calculation of CAT percentile includes three steps: Generally as per the CAT exam syllabus and pattern for the last few years, three marks are given for each correct answer and one mark is deducted for every incorrect answer. Marks are not deducted for any wrong answer in NON MCQ section.
- Step 1: Individually applicant’s score is first evaluated section-wise and then the overall score is made by totalling the section-wise scores.
- Step 2: Afterward, these section-wise and overall scores (raw scores) are normalized to arrive at a scaled CAT score.
- Step 3: The normalized scores are changed into percentiles which are reported on the CAT scorecard.
CAT Percentile Calculation - 2022
To calculate the CAT percentile, the scaled scores are used. The procedure of computing percentiles for the exam result remains the same for all sections. The higher percentile, the better is the chances of selection. The process mentioned below will be used to calculate CAT 2022 percentile.
- Step 1: Add the total number of applicants appeared for CAT in the morning, afternoon, and evening shifts. Let’s say Total no. of candidates = N
- Step 2: Assign rank = R, on the basis of the scaled scores obtained by candidates in VARC (can take any of the three) sections of all candidates who have appeared for CAT 2022. If two or more candidates will get same scaled scores in the VARC section, identical ranks are assigned to them. That means, if two candidates get the highest scaled score in the VARC section, then both candidates will be assigned rank 1. Candidate(s) obtaining the second-highest scaled score in the VARC section will be assigned a rank of 3.
- Step 3: Then compute the percentile score (P) of an applicant with rank (r) in the VARC section as mentioned below:
P = (N-r)/ N) *100
- Step 4: Finally round off the computed percentile score (P). This is done up to two decimal points. To cite an example, all CAT percentile scores greater than or equal to 99.995 are rounded off to 100, all percentile scores greater than or equal to 99.985 but firmly less than 99.995 are rounded off to 99.99, and so on.
What is the CAT Normalization process?
The CAT test is conducted in different slots, a normalization process is done where the marks of every candidate is scaled to bring equity in the marking process. The normalization process of CAT is a well-known exercise being followed for last couple of years to assess the performance of a candidate across multiple sessions.
What are the parameters taken into consideration for CAT normalization?
- Highest score
- Lowest score
- Mean score
- Median score
- Top 10 percentiles
- Lowest 10 percentiles
What after CAT written exam result?
After the result is declared, the candidates who meet the minimum CAT cut off criteria will be informed via an email by the individual IIMs for next step in selection process. Every IIM sends personal interview invitation letters to the shortlisted candidates directly through email/speed post. The shortlisting criteria varies from IIMs to IIMs. Generally, the IIMs follow the selection procedure which includes the following rounds:
What is Common Admission Process?
The new IIMs have a common selection procedure, called as Common Admission Process (CAP). Students need to register separately for CAP once the minimum CAP cut-off percentile is released by the CAP conducting body. The final selection of the aspirant for MBA admissions is done on the basis of various parameters such as CAT score, academic history, work experience, academic diversity, gender diversity, and performance in WAT/GD-PI.
Visit for CAT Result 2022 Percentile & Score Card at download link
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Question: When will the CAT 2022 result be declared? Answer: CAT exam result is decalred on 21 December 2022.
Question: Will I receive the CAT result through SMS on mobile? Answer: Yes, CAT result declaration announcement will be sent to every CAT exam applicant through SMS on their registered mobile number; SMS will not show the CAT scores.
Question: What is the difference in CAT score and CAT percentile? Answer: CAT scores are the marks gained by applicants as per the marking scheme, while percentile reflects the position got by applicants.
Question: Is there any age limit for CAT? What is the age limit for CAT? Answer: There is no age limit for appearing in CAT.
Question: Till when can I download my CAT 2022 scorecard from the website? Answer: Till December 31, 2023.
Question: When will CAT cutoffs will be announced? Answer: Official CAT cutoff 2022 will be announced along with result. The respective IIMs will start the shortlisting process after 2-3 days of releasing of the result.
Question: How is the re-evaluation or re checking of CAT result 2022 done? Answer: Not Possible. There is no provision of CAT re checking. One need to appear for Next year.
Question: If I do not clear the minimum CAT cut off, will I still eligible for IIM admissions? Answer: No, in order to appear for IIM admission process, candidates will have to clear the specified cut off. Candidates can apply to some other B-Schools for MBA admission on the basis of CAT scorecard.
Question: What is the validity of CAT scorecard? Answer: CAT scorecard is valid for one year only.
- How To Select Non-IIM Colleges After CAT
- IIM Common Asmission Process (CAP)
- IIM Waitlist Movement: Meaning and Past Trends
- IIM Seats and Fees
- Admission in IIMs without CAT
- What if your CAT Score is low?
- Most Common MBA Interview Questions Asked in Personal Interview
- How An MBA Should Prepare For An Interview?
- How To Select Non-IIM Colleges After CAT
- Upcoming MBA Entrance Exams
- Top 100 Colleges of India
- Top 50 Colleges of India
- Top Colleges in Delhi NCR
- MBA Colleges In Jaipur
- Top Colleges in Indore
- Top Colleges in Pune
- Top Colleges in Mumbai
- Top Colleges in Hyderabad
- Top Colleges in Bangalore
- Top Colleges in Ahmedabad
Few of NON IIMs accepting CAT score
- TAXILA - Jaipur
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), University of Delhi
- Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS)
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE)
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR)
- XLRI Xavier School of Management (XLRI)
- Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIMI)
- MDI GURGAON