About CMAT ExamCMAT - The Complete Guide
What is CMAT Exam?
CMAT stands for Common Management Admission Test. CMAT entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). CMAT is conducted for admission to various management programs (MBA/PGDM) in B-schools across India. The exam is conducted in online mode and the duration of the exam is three hours. The CMAT question paper consists of 100 questions from quantitative techniques & data interpretation, logical reasoning, language comprehension, and general awareness. Numerous B-schools and management colleges accept CMAT scores for admission to their MBA and PGDM programs.
CMAT Exam Pattern 2023: Duration, Sectional Composition & Scoring Pattern
The Medium of question paper will be in english only
- The CMAT 2023 test paper has a time duration of 3 hours & consists of 5 sections.
- Each question carries 04 (four) marks.
- For each incorrect answer one (01) mark will be deducted from the total score.
- To answer a question, the candidates are required to select one option corresponding to the correct option showing on the screen.
- However, after the process of challenges of the key, if more than one option is found to be correct then the multiple correct options will be given the four marks (+4). Any incorrect option marked will be given the penalty of minus one mark (-1). Unanswered/Unattempt will be given no marks. In case, a question is dropped/ignored, all candidates will be given four marks (+4) irrespective of the fact whether the question has been attempted or not attempted by the candidate.
CMAT 2023 Result
- The CMAT result is typically declared within 7 to 10 days from the date of the exam, usually in the afternoon. Candidates can download the score card from the official website of NTA CMAT.
CMAT 2023 Admission Process
- After the CMAT 2023 exam, colleges/institutes shortlist candidates based on their CMAT scorecard marks.
- All shortlisted candidates are then required to appear for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds as scheduled by the institute.
- The final admission decision is based on the weightage assigned by the institute to CMAT scores, performance in GD/PI rounds, and the availability of seats.
Latest Update on CMAT 2023
- The exam dates for CMAT 2023 have been announced now. CMAT 2023 registration has been started from 13 February 2023 and the window will remain open till 13 March 2023.
- CMAT 2023 form correction window will go live from 14 March 2023 to 16 March 2023.
- CMAT Admit Card 2023 will be released in the last week of April 2023 expected.
- The CMAT 2023 exam date has been announced by the National Test Agency (NTA) as 04 May 2023, with two shifts from 09:00 A.M. to 12 Noon and 02:30 P.M. to 05:30 PM respectively.
- More than 1350 AICTE approved top MBA colleges of India will accept the CMAT result for admission.
- Innovation and entrepreneurship is the latest edition in the CMAT syllabus . In total 20 questions will be asked from this section. It has a 20% weightage in the exam this year.
- Candidates have to pay an amount of 2000/- INR to register themselves for the CMAT exam.
- The medium of exam will remain English in 2023 same as previous year.
- Duration of the exam will remain the same as the previous year. A total of 180 minutes will be provided to all the aspirants except PWD candidates.
CMAT 2023 Registration
Registration for CMAT Exam 2023 has been started from 13 february, 2023. Visit the page to know more about CMAT 2023 exam date CMAT Exam Date
FAQs Regarding CMAT Exam 2023
Que. What is CMAT Exam Given for? Ans. CMAT is a computer-based online aptitude exam conducted by NTA. CMAT scores is accepted by all AICTE approved colleges in India for admission in MBA/PGDM courses.
Que. What is CMAT Eligibility? Ans. Any final year student who is an Indian citizen is eligible to give the CMAT exam. Read more about the CMAT eligibility.
Que. What is the CMAT Exam Date? Ans. The exam date for CMAT-2023 has been announced by the National Test Agency (NTA) as 04 May 2023, with two shifts from 09:00 A.M. to 12 Noon and 02:30 P.M. to 05:30 PM respectively.
Que. Is CMAT Compulsory for MBA? Ans. NO, CMAT is not compulsory for MBA Admission. But if you are looking to take admission in AICTE approved colleges then you need give the CMAT exam for admission in Management courses.
Que. Which college accepts CMAT scores? Ans. More than 1350 top MBA/PGDM colleges in India accept the CMAT score for admission in MBA/PGDM courses. Some of them are Taxila Business School , Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, IMT Nagpur, and many more. Check out the list of top MBA colleges accepting CMAT Score.