About CAT ExamCAT 2021 - The Complete Guide
About CAT Exam
CAT or Common Admission Test is a skill test which is computer based, and is always conducted by one of the Indian Institute of Management in India. Generally, every year around 200,000+ students appear for the test. This normally happens in the last week of November month every year. The notification for the test is published by the end of July or beginning of August month. The test is for the admission to the post graduate management courses in IIMs and other Business Schools in India.
Other Business schools have their own criteria to accept CAT appeared candidates IIMs have no role in the selection process of non-IIM institutions. CAT is considered the most prestigious admission test for PGP/PGDM/MBA and similar management courses offered by IIMs and non-IIMs colleges in India. There are 20 IIMs in India that offer various courses for admission.
CAT Exam pattern and duration
The minimum qualification for appearing in CAT is graduation in any discipline from any recognized University or equivalent recognized degree. A final year student in any undergraduate can also appear provisionally.
Who can take CAT Exam?
The candidate must satisfy the following conditions:
- The candidate should have a graduation degree of minimum three year duration, having not less than 50% marks, 45% in case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) /Differently Abled (DA).
- The graduation degree should have been granted by any of the universities formed by an act of the parliament or assembly (central or state statutory body in India) or other educational establishments constructed by an act of Parliament or announced to be deliberated as a university under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or retain an equal qualification documented by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of graduation degree/equivalent qualification examination and the individuals who have finished degree requisites and are expecting results can also apply. On selection, such students will be permitted to join the program provisionally, and they need to present a certificate by June 30, from the principal/registrar of their college/institute mentioning that the student has finished all the requirements for acquiring four-year or three-year degree.
Few of NON IIMs accepting CAT score
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), University of Delhi
- Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS)
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE)
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR)
- XLRI Xavier School of Management (XLRI)
- TAXILA - Jaipur
- Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIMI)
- MDI GURGAON