About CAT ExamCAT 2022 - The Complete Guide
CAT 2022 Exam
CAT or Common Admission Test is the Biggest and toughest MBA entrance exam for admissions into IIMs and other top B-Schools of India. CAT exam administered for admission into IIMs and other top management institutes of India. CAT exam is a skill assessment test based on the computer. CAT exam is always organized by one of the IIMs of India. Generally, every year 2,00,000+ students appear for the test. CAT Exam 2022 may be held on 27th November 2022 this year. CAT exam enables the opportunity for students to take admission in the best colleges for MBA in India. The notification for the test is published by the end of July or the beginning of August month.
Selection criteria for admission through CAT exam is different for each institute. Every Business schools have their own criteria to accept CAT exam appeared candidates IIMs have no role in the selection process of non-IIM institutions. CAT is considered the most prestigious admission test for PGP/PGDM/MBA and similar management courses offered by IIMs and non-IIMs colleges in India. There are 20 IIMs in India that offer various courses for admission.
CAT Exam 2022 Information
CAT Exam Eligbility
The candidate must satisfy the following conditions for CAT Eligbility:
- The candidate should have a graduation degree of minimum three year duration, having not less than 50% marks, 45% in case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) /Differently Abled (DA).
- The graduation degree should have been granted by any of the universities formed by an act of the parliament or assembly (central or state statutory body in India) or other educational establishments constructed by an act of Parliament or announced to be deliberated as a university under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or retain an equal qualification documented by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of graduation degree/equivalent qualification examination and the individuals who have finished degree requisites and are expecting results can also apply. On selection, such students will be permitted to join the program provisionally, and they need to present a certificate by June 30, from the principal/registrar of their college/institute mentioning that the student has finished all the requirements for acquiring four-year or three-year degree.
CAT 2022 Syllabus
Syllabus of CAT Exam 2022 is divided into 3 Major section. Although there is no limitation on CAT 2022 Syllabus but mostly the question asked from the topic mentioned below :
- VARC (Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension)
- DILR (Data Interpretation& Logical Reasoning)
- QA (Quantitative Ability)
CAT Exam 2022 Pattern
The duration of CAT exam is 2 hours (120 minutes ) and altogether 60 to 70 questions will be asked in this year's exam. It is an MCQ-based exam conducted on an online mode. For every right answer the candidate wil get 3 marks and 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer. For Pwd applicants extra 13 minutes will be provided in each section to complete their CAT 2022 exam. Click here to check CAT Exam Pattern.
Why MBA Aspirants Must Appear For CAT Exam 2022?
The main reason why MBA aspirants should appear for CAT 2022 exam is to get admission in top prestigious colleges like IIMs, IITs, FMS, IMT, etc. These top institutes not only provides the best management programmes for students, but also the placements into top companies offering high salary packages. These colleges are considered as the Best ROI colleges in India. Admission to these colleges can open the door to a bright future and inspiring life for them. Most importantly the CAT exam will teach them how to handle pressure and competition.
Few of NON IIMs accepting CAT score
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), University of Delhi
- Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS)
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE)
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR)
- XLRI Xavier School of Management (XLRI)
- TAXILA - Jaipur
- Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIMI)
- MDI GURGAON
FAQs Regarding CAT Exam 2022
Que. What is CAT Exam? Ans. CAT is the computer-based skill assessment test for the admission process into top Business schools in India. CAT exam is conducted every year in the month of November.
Que. What is the Difficulty level of the CAT Exam? Ans. The difficulty level of the CAT Exam is moderate to high. Every Section in the CAT exam carries equal difficulty. CAT exam is organized in a way that gives more emphasis on the skills.
Que. What is CAT 2022 exam Date? Ans. CAT 2022 exam date is 27, November 2022. It is the expected date based on the last few years’ trends of conducting CAT exam.
Que. What is the CAT cutoff last year? Ans. Last year’s cutoff for the general students is 99 to 100 percentile for IIMs. Cut off for the aspirants of a reserved category is around 97 to 98 percentile. And other colleges have their own criteria for admission through the CAT exam cutoff. Check out the list of non-iim Colleges accepting cat cut off for MBA admission.
Que. What is the CAT 2022 fees? Ans. Fees of the CAT 2022 is 2200/- INR for the general cateogary and 1100/- INR for SC, ST and OBC students.
Que. Who can apply for the CAT exam? Ans. A person with a minimum of 50% marks in the graduation degree (For general and OBC) and 45 % for SC-ST caste is eligible for the CAT exam.