CAT 2022 Answer Key
CAT 2022 was held on 27th of November and the CAT ‘Answer Key’ is published on 01 December 2022 by IIM Ahmedabad. It helps candidates, calculate their tentative CAT scores and have an idea about the institutes where they can place their applications and get a call for MBA. Here are a few details on the ‘CAT Answer Key’ release, which may assist you in making sensible decisions ahead of time.
When the CAT Answer Key will Release?
The answers to the CAT exams are released soon may be in the first week of December. The Answer is published on the official website of IIM CAT in a downloadable PDF format.
The purpose of the release of Answer Key is to ensure transparency, by allowing candidates to check and match their answers with the actual answers to ascertain, how many correct answers they obtained. Answer Key also helps candidates to raise genuine queries against wrong answers. Once having scrutinized the objections raised by candidates, CAT Centre releases a final answer key before the CAT exam results.
The Answer Key can be downloaded by logging on to the IIM website with CAT login ID and password. Slot wise response sheet is released separately, so that the CAT exam takers can bring up & file objections, if any. The Answer Key can be challenged with a fee of Rs 1200 for each objection.
- The Answer Key is available only to the candidates who have appeared for CAT 2022 exam. The key is only available for the question paper that the candidate attempted.
- A final answer key has detailed solutions for three sections viz. VARC, DILR and QA
- In the CAT Answer Key, CAT answers will be available for all the question sets of the CAT exam 2022.
Tentative Answer Key Dates
As the CAT exam ends, candidates get inquisitive about the release of answer keys and results. The information is updated on iimcat.ac.in. timely. Going by the past dates, answer keys release in about two to three days from the CAT examination and the CAT results are declared by the second week of the next January.
First, the provisional answer keys for all three slots are released, after which objections can be presented in 3 to 4 days. The result and final answer keys are published later.
Steps to Download CAT Answer Key
- STEP 1: Login with your credentials (CAT ID and password) on the official website of IIM CAT.
- STEP 2: Your Personal CAT page appears next and you need to click the ‘Candidate Response’ tab to follow the instructions.
- STEP 3: Download your ‘Response Sheet’. You can check each question and its answer status (marked green). The document contains all correct answers, the answers that you marked, along with questions for the slot in which you appeared.
- STEP 4: For any objections, you can submit your doubts in the ‘Objection Form’.
Calculating CAT Score with the Help of Answer Key
To calculate CAT 2022 score with the help of answer key, follow the below steps:
- For every correct answer, allot 3 marks.
- For every incorrect answer, 1 mark is deducted.
- Subtract total marks deducted from the total marks scored, to get raw CAT score.
Also Read: What if your CAT Score is low?
How to Raise an Objection
The candidate Response tab and objection form will be active till 05 PM on 04th December 2022.. Candidates will be able to see the Answer Key as well as their Individual Responses to Questions during this duration. Candidates should take necessary action before 04 Dec 2022 if they have any objection to the CAT answer key. Here are the steps to raise an objection against the answer key of the CAT Exam 2022.
- Visit iimcat.ac.in and on the homepage, click on 'Candidate Login'
- Enter your 'User ID' and 'Password' to access the answer key
- Submit the objections, if any, and pay the objection fee
- take the screenshot or download the filled form for future reference.
- If the objections stand valid, corrective actions will be taken by IIMs.
Unofficial Answer Keys
In the meantime, candidates can also refer to the unofficial response sheet. Unofficial response sheets and answer keys are published by experts of top CAT coaching institutes. Candidates can use them to assess their CAT performance. The unofficial CAT answer keys can be retrieved online, on the respective websites of the coaching institutes. These may have some variations but you can still assess your tentative CAT exam scores.
- How To Select Non-IIM Colleges After CAT
- How Should I Prepare For WAT And PI For Top IIMs?
- Group Discussion: GD Types, Do's & Don'ts, Trending Topics
- CAT Cut Off Percentiles for IIMs
- Total Number of Seats in IIMs 2022
- Admission in IIMs without CAT
- Predict College based on CAT Cutoffs
- What if your CAT Score is low?
- What is the difference between MAT and CAT exams?
Few of NON IIMs accepting CAT score
- TAXILA - Jaipur
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), University of Delhi
- Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS)
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE)
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR)
- XLRI Xavier School of Management (XLRI)
- Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIMI)
- MDI GURGAON