CAT Registration - 2023CAT 2023 - The Complete Guide
CAT Exam Registration
IIM Bangalore the exam conducting body of CAT 2023 opened the CAT exam registration window on August 02. Aspirants can fill up their CAT application form by 13 September as it is the last date to apply for the exam. Before applying for the exam all the candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria for the exam. It is a mandatory step to fill up the exam form for students who want to appear in CAT. This exam offers admission to management courses in IIMs and other top MBA Colleges in India.
Important Event of CAT 2023
Latest Update on: CAT Date | CAT Exam | CAT Exam Syllabus | CAT 2023 Admit Card
Obligatory for CAT Exam Registration
- All the candidates will require a valid and active email id. All the communication about CAT exam updates will send to provided mail. It is advised that candidates will use their personal mail instead of a family member or friend's mail.
- Also, candidates need to provide a valid and active mobile number for registration purposes. The aspirant will get notifications and information about the exam on their phone via SMS.
- CAT Application form consider submitted only after the successful online payment of the exam fee. So Candidates are instructed to keep ready their Credit/Debit Card / Net banking credentials or phone for UPI or wallet transactions.
Important Guidelines of CAT 2023 Registration
- Use the latest version of web browser to fill eaxm form and prefer chrome or Mozilla.
- All the points with "*" are mandatory to fill in the form.
- Candidates have to provide their current name, DOB, email, and mobile number because they cannot be changed after submission.
- The name of the candidate should be the same as the 10th/SSC mark sheet.
- For PWD Candidate: - If you are using a scribe then you have to arrange the scribe and need to fill out the scribe affidavit form provided on the CAT website.
- Kindly upload the self-assested copy of all the certificates and it needs to be clearly visible.
- A candidate with a dual degree is advised to enter the most appropriate details.
- Please double-check all the information before submission to avoid any errors in the form.
Documents Required for CAT Registration
For the CAT registration candidate need to provide some documents with are necessary to submit. Check the list of required documents -
CAT Application Process - Steps
You can apply for the CAT by following steps mentioned below
Step 1 - How to Register for CAT 2023?
Candidates are instructed to follow the steps below to complete the Registrations for CAT:
- Visit the official website of CAT (iimcat.ac.in).
- Login to the CAT Website. If you are already registered on the website click "Registered Candidate". If the exam registration in fresh follow further mentiond steps
- Now click on the "New Registration" button.
- Read the Instructions and the Procedure before starting the process.
- Now fill some basic details mentioned below and generate ID and Password.
- Personal details
- Contact details
- Choose Password
- Security Pin
Step 2: Fill CAT Application Form
- Make use of the system generated application number and created password, login again.
- Enter Your Personal Detail like - Name, Father's Name, Mother's Name and Spouse's Name.
- Now Select the applicable cateogry such as - General/OBC/EWS/SC/ST/Tribe/PWD. And enter additional details like Certificate Issue Date, Serial/Entry Number of Caste/Tribe, State/Union Territory of Caste/Tribe, and Caste/Tribe Name
- Select your nationality
- Fill up the address details and "Emergency Contact Details".
- Now Upload all the applicable documents mentioned above.
- Click on Save and Next button.
- On next section enter your academics details - 10th/12th/Bachelor/PG/Diploma/Other Professional Degree. Now click on Save and next.
- In this section enter all of your work experience details.
- Select Programme and Institute.
- Now Select "CAT Exam Center City" as per preference.
- In this section pay the CAT Application Form Fee.
- Now submit the cat exam form
CAT Photograph and Signature Specification
You'll require documents of:
- All your qualification details
- Category Certificate - If applicable
- A scanned copy of photograph and signature as per the following requirement:
Note: Upload your recent passport size photograph and signature
CAT Exam Form Application Fee
Final step after filling up the online Application Form is to pay the Registration Fee. In 2022 the CAT Fee has been increased by 100 INR for the general category and 50 INR for the reserved category.
The application fee for different categories is as follows:
Modes of CAT 2023 Application Fee Payment
Candidates can select for ONLINE PAYMENT and then make their payment using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking/Wallets/UPI. Once a candidates’ payment is successfully done. They will receive the confirmation email and SMS.
Note - There is no provision of offline payement mode in CAT 2023. Also CAT Exam form consider submitted only after the successful payment of application fee.
Mistakes to Avoid During CAT 2023 Registration
As metioned above the registraion process for CAT 2023 is completely online. And it important for all the aspirnats to complete the CAT registration smoothy and error free to avoid any problem in future. Here are some points that every candidate need to take care while filling up the CAT exam application form.
- No internet interruption during CAT Registration - Candidate should ensure that their computer internet connectivity is good, and no breakage/interruption occurs during the registration process.
- No mistake on Academic details - Candidate should gather all their qualification details and fill them correctly during registration .
- Provide valid email address and mobile number - Candidate should provide a valid email address and mobile number while registering for CAT. All communication regarding the exam will be done on this email address and mobile number.
- Scanned Photo & Signature should be of correct size - Candidates need to upload their scanned photo and signature while registration process. Therefore, candidates should keep ready their scanned Photo and Signature and follow the guidelines mentioned by CAT authorities
- Check the Validity of CREDIT/DEBIT CARD - In case of making payment Online, candidate should ensure that their CREDIT/DEBIT CARD is valid to have a smooth transaction and avoid loss of money.