XAT SyllabusXAT 2022 - The Complete Guide
Complete XAT Syllabus
|Part-1||75 Total MCQs|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||28|
Total questions (Part 1 + Part 2): 100
Total Marks: 100
Section-1: Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension & Logical Reasoning
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) exam Syllabus for Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension and Logical Reasoning section in XAT 2022 is divided into 3 parts. The 1st part covers questions based on Verbal Ability; 2nd part is based on Reading Comprehension passages and the 3rd part is based on questions of different topics on Logical Reasoning.
Part-1: Verbal Ability
- English Vocabulary based questions – fill in the blanks with correct words; synonyms/antonyms; contextual usage on vocabulary words
- Jumbled Paragraphs
- Correction of errors in sentences, correct use of words
- Completion of sentences
- Completion of paragraph
Part-2: Reading Comprehension (RC)
- Portion of Reading Comprehension in VARC & LR section is extremely high
- Topics on which RC passages are based: Abstract topics, Literature, Social and Economic issues; Science & Culture; history & fiction, etc.
- There is no clear-cut definition of RC topics in XAT exam syllabus. RC passage on any topic can be placed in XAT exam.
- Type of RC passages: Moderate and Short
- Type of Questions: All MCQ type
Format of questions:
Questions based on information in RC passage; explanation of the words & phrases as used in the passage; In context of the passage –True/false statements; Author’s view on various issues raised in the RC passage; Inference from the passage; main idea of RC passage; Purpose of the RC passage.
Part-3: XAT Syllabus for Logical Reasoning (LR)
- Share of LR questions is not exceedingly high. Usually there are few critical reasoning and a few LR based questions in XAT exam. All questions are of MCQ type.
- Topics covered in XAT syllabus on which LR questions are based: Analogy, Clocks, calendars, Fact, Inference, Judgement, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, conclusion.
- XLRI entrance exam syllabus specifies that questions on Logical Reasoning can be individual or in sets.
Section-2: XAT Syllabus for Decision Making
XAT syllabus is based on Decision Making. It is unique as neither CAT nor any other national level entrance exam has Decision Making as one of its exam sections.
Decision Making is the problem or case solving expertise of a candidate. The topics are:
- Conditions and Grouping Test.
- Data Arrangement Test.
- Complex Arrangement.
- Decision Making in a situation.
Section-3: XAT Exam Syllabus for Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
Quant and DI section is very wide. This section in XAT is considered for XAT percentile calculation. Syllabus of XAT 2022 for Quant is vast and covers everything in Mathematics.
Major Topics: Quantitative Ability
Syllabus on Quant is based on questions on different topics on Arithmetic, Algebra, Modern Math, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry, etc.
- LCM and HCF
- Profit and Loss
- Interest (Simple and Compound)
- Speed, Time, and Distance; Time and Work; Averages; Ratio and Proportion and others
- Number System
- Geometry including Co-ordinate Geometry
- Pure Math
- Venn diagrams
- Linear Equations
- Quadratic Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Binomial Theorem
- Surds and Indices
- Permutation and Combination
- Probability Functions
- Set Theory
- Mixtures and Alligations
Syllabus for Data Interpretation (DI)
Questions in Data Interpretation are in sets mostly. Sometimes individual questions are also given. All the questions are of MCQ type. DI questions are in the set of 4 questions. Questions on interpretation and analysis of data based on text, tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), Venn diagram, are asked. Data could be given in form of tables, charts, or graphs.
Major Topics Covered:
- Data Tables
- Data charts
- Bar diagrams
- Pie charts
- Data analysis and comparison
Section-4: Syllabus for GK
XAT exam syllabus for second part in XAT exam consists of General Awareness (GK) section.
Major Topics Covered:
Economics, finance, national and international current affairs are a few of the many topics on which questions are placed in this section.
- Economics, finance,
- National and International current affairs
- Conventional GK
- Constitution of India
- Company profiles, logos,
- Business & Economy
- Who's who
- Books & Authors
- Capitals & Currencies
No More Subjective Test:
Essay Writing in XAT has been scrapped, there is no need to look for the syllabus of essay writing test. However, please note that it is the test of writing talent of an applicant. It specifies that the aspirant should write a coherent and logical essay on the given topic. The XLRI entrance exam syllabus on Essay Writing test is wide enough and students can get any topic. Formal styles in XAT reveal that it needs a well-articulated essay on the contemporary or abstract topic. Test taker must write essay on one topic but sometimes there is a choice to choose, sometimes there is no choice at all.
Best size of essay in XAT is reduced to 200 words. Essay in XAT used to play important role in the Personal Interview round as questions are based on what you have written in your XAT Essay.
Key Points to Note on XAT Syllabus
- Candidates searching for XLRI entrance exam syllabus should note that the XAT syllabus and pattern is the outcome of the topics which have earlier appeared in XAT exam although the type of questions, their composition, format and number may change in each subsequent XAT exam syllabus.
- There is no repetition of XAT questions. The difficulty level of questions as per XAT syllabus is to remain from moderate to difficult
- The questions in XAT exam 2022 would remain within the specified wide areas of XAT exam syllabus.
- Syllabus is not pre-defined by XLRI, Jamshedpur nor the XAT syllabus is outlined.
- Syllabus of XAT exam 2022 is based on the mentioned guidelines and current structure of XAT exam.
XAT Syllabus and Pattern: Yearly Modifications
The XAT syllabus and pattern changes every year. The XAT syllabus and pattern of exam during last 3 years has changed enormously. On one hand, number of questions in XAT syllabus and pattern are reduced, on the other hand the XAT syllabus 2022 has scrapped the subjective essay writing test of 3 marks which was present till 2018.With the different number of questions in XAT syllabus 2022, more emphasis has shifted to first three sections which are accounted for determining the merit position in written XAT exam.
- Top MBA Colleges in India
- Most Common MBA Interview Questions Asked in Personal Interview
- MBA Fees in India: Know the course fees of Top MBA Colleges
- 20+ Group Discussion (GD) Topics 2022
- Top MBA Entrance Exam in India
- What Are The Career Options After MBA or PGDM?
- MBA VS PGDM
- How To Select The Top MBA College?