CMAT Exam Eligibility
CMAT - The Complete Guide
- The CMAT aspirant who has completed Graduation in any discipline or equivalent from a recognized university can apply to appear in the admission test.
- Final year Graduation students are also eligible to apply for CMAT, given that they will present a passing certificate at the time of admission.
- Candidate must a citizen of India.
- There is no age restriction to appear in CMAT Entrance Exam.
- As per the government norms 10% seats are reserved for General-Economically Weaker Section(GEN-EWS), 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Schedule Tribe (ST) Candidates and 27% seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes belonging to the ‘non-creamy’ layer (NC-OBC).
- No changes in the category will be entertained after CAT registration.
- As per the government norms for The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016), 5% seats are reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD - person with not less than forty percent (40%) of a specified disability ). Where “Specified disability” means the disabilities as specified in the Schedule of the RPwD Act 2016. The categories of disability are:
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy.
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness.
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d).
- Other ‘specified disabilities’ mentioned in ‘The Schedule’ of the RPwD Act 2016.